Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Helping Hands: Get Your Copy Today!


CreateSpace
Amazon
Kindle & Nook Coming Soon

Fans of the series, you'll notice this book is a bit shorter than the original (by about half). Not to fear! Part Two is coming soon. I suspect these first two books will be the shortest of all 7 in the series, but because it was soooo long originally we just couldn't make it work without charging readers a small fortune or making the font super tiny (you're welcome). Book Three will certainly be longer!

Also, I would like to note that The Helping Hands is not like my other books. It is not YA, has no elements of fantasy or "magic," as I like to call it. I might even venture to say it's not for the faint of heart (feint of heart?). There is a lot of violence, drug and alcohol abuse, language, and general dark themes. But at it's core, it's a book about hope, overcoming the bad, and fighting for the good.

I only give this warning because people have told me they never know what to expect from my books as I don't stick to any one genre, so I wouldn't want anyone to go into The Helping Hands expecting something more light-hearted or YA-age appropriate. I'll even admit that one woman called my main character, Melanie, such an "evil, morally depraved character with no hope for redemption" that she had to stop reading. First of all, how fucking awesome is that. Thank you. Second of all, if you actually read the book, you'll see this is not true at all. Melanie's just a little rough around the edges. But it's still my favorite book insult-compliment ever.

And yes, I am fully aware that the entire book is based on an entirely implausible plot that might as well make it fantasy. Just go with it. It's fun, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment