Sunday, May 20, 2012

Half-Off Books Signing


Saturday, May 19th, was my first signing at Half Off Books in Orange City. I met them at last year's  Volusia County Literacy Fair and signed up for this year's event. We had about 12 or so authors total, some I met last week and one that I met at last year's Port Orange Family Days.

It was pretty slow but I still managed to sell enough books to make it worth my while. But even if I hadn't, the event would have been worth it. I spoke with fellow authors Tiffany King and C.A. Kunz and have officially been invited to join their authors' group, The Paranormal Plumes Society. Not only is this a great chance to finally be part of a group with writers, but it will also allow me the opportunity to speak at schools throughout Florida. As we all know, I love to talk about books and writing, so I am very excited about what the future holds in joining this group.

Currently, I'm reading The Childe by C.A. Kunz (a mother and son team) and will be reading Wishing for Someday Soon by Tiffany King and Shadows of Past Memories by Alexandra Lanc next. I highly recommend them all, so get to reading!

Coming up next, I hope to have The Sour Orange Derby released. We're currently finalizing the cover, and I assure you, it will be awesome. Think oranges and baseball. As far as events, I'm hoping to join in on future talks with the Plumes, get a booth at the Decatur indie author event in September (or August? Can't remember), and run my second booth at Port Orange Family Days.

Stay tuned for reviews of the above-mentioned books. And now, a few pics.

Half Off Books. It's much bigger than I thought it would be and they have fantastic prices on books and movies.

My table/display.

Authors getting set up and waiting for event to begin.

All  set up.

Talented young author Alexandra Lanc.





No comments:

Post a Comment