Saturday, February 4, 2012

What's New in Writer World

I feel like it's been forever since I've been on here. And, I guess it has been. I was banished from the computer for a few weeks, save for the few things I really needed to do (like, work, since apparently that counts as "need to do"), due to an ungodly amount of hand pain. Normally I'm off in my own happy little world writing and pretending that my stories are coming true, kind of like this:


But lately, I've pretty much just been sitting around doing this:

By the way, don't ever google "hand injuries" because the images are disgusting. I gave you the nice one. You're welcome.

Essentially, I'm suffering from the life of a writer. Overuse, carpal tunnel issues, and possible rheumatoid arthritis. I decided not to get checked out for RA just yet even though the doc recommended it because after taking a break (or as much as one I could), the pain subsided a bit. Now it's just the regular pains rather than the hugely swollen pinky finger and ice pick stabbing sensation throughout my thumb.

So now we're back in business. I haven't been able to really sit down and write in like 3 weeks and it sucks. I'm slowly going insane (if I'm not there already), and not being able to write makes me feel pretty miserable. I live in my head moreso than usual. Today I sat down and worked on 2 different books and it felt amazing.

Those of you eagerly awaiting Book 3 in The Whisper Legacy, you'll be happy to know that I got another 3 pages further. Those of you looking forward to the release of The Sour Orange Derby, I'm working on that too.

Stay tuned for another post about the Derby, and about upcoming marketing events featuring yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment