So tonight I got all my stuff together, and because I'm bored, I'm going to share it all with you. What does preparing for the 2012 11th Annual Amelia Island Book Festival entail? Well, I shall show you:
Books! I'm selling both Beyond the Western Sun and Walk the Red Road. Not focusing on The Helping Hands series this time, since I mostly want to promote The Whisper Legacy.
My handy-dandy sign. I need to re-glue the 0 but that's a quick fix. This is the same one I used at Port Orange Family days, both because it's still in good condition and because I was too lazy to make a new one.
What is all this wonderfulness below? Let's see:
1) Candy in a candy bowl to draw in my sweet-tooth readers. My booth shall rule them all!
2) Pens to sign hopefully hundreds of books (I don't actually have hundreds, but when I tell this story later, that's how many I'll have).
3) The leftover flyers from Family Days telling everyone how awesome I am.
4) Mom, I packed tape this time! This is to hold down the sign to the table.
5) Business cards to spread the word on my amazing books. Because they are amazing, and I don't care if that sounds arrogant.
6) Why yes, that is a balloon weight. It's to hold down my flyers. I'm not sure if I'm inside or out. Hopefully inside because I think it's supposed to rain all day Saturday.
All together now! I have 4 boxes of books, my sign, and all my goodies in a birthday bag. Ignore the shoes. I don't know why they are there. The notebook and pen is for Friday, when my dad and I are going to the writer's workshop. I'm hoping to network with all the authors there, since they are all best-sellers. For some reason I feel the need to tell everyone that the dude who came up with Rambo will be there. Maybe because it's awesome. I want to create a character people love and remember. Maybe Whisper will be that character some day, or Melanie O'Conner.
I feel like I had something else to say, but I've forgotten already. So, off to go work on The Sour Orange Derby. If you happen to be in the Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach area on Saturday, come see me and buy a book or 2!