Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Bittersweet Moment

The time has come for Walk the Red Road to come to a close. My final editing is complete-a bittersweet moment for me. Why? Because while I am extremely excited to have my manuscript finally off to the publishers for its final formatting, I will never again read my story. I think I sat staring at the computer screen for a good 10 minutes before finally clicking "submit files for formatting."

But, I can still look at my super awesome book cover:


I think I've said before that I can't read my manuscripts once in book form. It makes me anxious, like heart-racing, second-guessing, did-I-make-a huge-mistake kind of anxious. So, I just don't do it. I occasionally go back to check something for reference, but I do a word search so I can scan the text as quickly as possible so as to not catch a potential mistake or a "damn, I wish I'd done that differently" section. This means that after publishing, I can only enjoy my story in my head.

Walk the Red Road has now set off on its path to publication, so I'm going to focus on that. It takes about 7 to 10 business days to complete the formatting, so with Thanksgiving this week it will probably be a couple weeks for that to be complete. I will then be sent a proof copy, and if I approve, it will be available immediately for purchase.

So, stay tuned for more release date information! It's time for Ellen to start calling me about being on her show, too. I need to sell me some books! I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself now that I don't have a book to work on, which means I can either start the third Whisper Legacy book (who am I kidding, it's already started), finish a different book that I want to publish, or focus purely on marketing. I think marketing will win out for now, though the third book is already brewing in my head and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment