Sunday, October 2, 2011

Family Days Was a Success!

It was a lot of work and took a lot of talking, but Port Orange Family Days was definitely a hit. I want to give a major thanks to my awesome helpers, including my mom, Kenz, my aunt, and my dad. I couldn't have done it without any of you! I sold a crapton of books and did a lot of networking. Now, I'm exhausted and tired of talking about my books. So instead, I'll write about them!

I generated a lot of interest for Beyond the Western Sun, so I'm hoping to get even more fans for Walk the Red Road (which, by the way, is getting closer and closer to publication!). This weekend I met a lot of my younger, middle school-aged fans and even saw my kindergarten teacher, who actually remembered me some 20 years later. The mayor bought a book, a woman who runs a local book club wants me to come in and speak, and I got some great tips on places that hold book signings. So, all the hard work was worth the effort. I'm sure the free candy helped too (Family Days is like pre-Halloween for everyone--free candy at booths for the kids, free keychains and pads of paper and coozies and whatnot for the adults.).

Obviously, talking about Family Days isn't all that entertaining for you, so enjoy my weekend in pictures:


Getting the tent set up.


More setup.



Prepping the sign. This was my first time working a booth at Family Days, so I learned a lot about what to do for next time. What kind of weights to bring (these were provided for us), bring zip-ties for signs, cut holes in the board beforehand, better tablecloth, etc.




Finally figured it out.


Yay, sign!



All ready to sell.



Selling and signing.












Remember how I was complaining about my hands/wrists/fingers? Well, it has resulted in this. Medicated arthritis pads on my wrist and the top of my hand, all secured with a brace. I hope you're happy, computer and keyboard.

All in all, I'm a happy camper right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment